Thursday, November 14, 2013

Becoming Grateful Day 14: Take Pictures of What You're Grateful For Part II


Take Pictures to Capture 
What You're Grateful For 
Part II


So this part is coming much later in the day than I anticipated. Some days, your baby has their own agenda in mind. Good thing I took pictures of her as part of my gratitude photo reel. Now that she's sound asleep in her bed, I can look at her pictures and still say, yes, I am so grateful for her!


Here are some of other pictures I took today as I took some time to focus on a few things around the house I am thankful for. After snapping the sweet picture of my daughter, I went right to the kitchen. I am thankful for the many comforts and abundance we enjoy. If I want something to eat, I just reach right into the fridge and get it. I snapped a shot of my awesome Kitchen Aid mixer. Now I'm not a great baker. In fact, this has been sitting out on the counter for nearly a week now with the intention of making cookies. See, the ingredients are just sitting there. But the main reason I took a picture of this is because it was a wedding gift from my grandparents and my sweet Grandma "B" has since passed away. It reminds me of her when I see it, and when I attempt to make any baked good. 


 Yes, this is my sock drawer. I love socks! In fact, some may say I'm a little obsessed. I just love that feeling of slipping on soft, fluffy new socks. Whenever my husband asks what I want for my birthday or Christmas, I say anything, and some socks. I am thankful for my socks, warm clothes, and the blessing that I have the things I need. I am also thankful that my husband is so thoughtful and buys me new socks every Christmas.


I keep this small sign hanging near our front door. It helps remind me each time I go out to think about my family. I am so thankful for them in ways that words can't fully express. 


And I am thankful for my own little family, my husband and daughter. Tonight we had the experience of attending the viewing of my long time friend's husband. My heart just goes out to her and their families! The entire time I was thinking of how grateful I am to have the time I do with my husband and daughter. We never know what life will bring us or when a tragedy may happen. We need to show those we love how much we appreciate them and be grateful for the time we have together. 


I hope you were able to find time to take a few pictures today and maybe make an effort to take a few more from time to time as you focus on Becoming Grateful. 

1 comment: